· Removal of previously installed concrete curb & gutter and driveways
· Asphalt patching along Grove Street and MacLean Court
· Grading under concrete curb & gutter that needed to be replaced
· Pouring of concrete curb & gutter that needed to be replaced
· Pouring of concrete driveways that needed to be replaced
Work Anticipated to be completed Next week, June 6th to June 10th
· Complete pouring of concrete curb & gutter and driveways that needed to be replaced
· Grading and removal of excess aggregate base materials
· Paving 1st layer of asphalt pavement within roadway
· Rough grading of landscape restoration areas.
As you are aware, there was an error in the construction survey performed by the contractor that required the previously installed concrete curb & gutter and driveways to be removed and replaced. The error caused the roadway to be constructed higher than originally planned. This caused driveways to be pitched towards the sidewalks (typically driveways pitch towards the road) or to be extremely flat with minimal pitch. The higher road could also have an effect on the overall drainage patterns within the neighborhood. Please understand, a major discussion point with all parties involved was the additional inconvenience caused to the residents living along the project site. Weighing all the options, it was determine the best decision was to remove and re-install the concrete curb & gutter and driveways to the designed elevations.
In order to reduce the additional inconvenience to the residents, as soon as the error was found, all parties involved were informed. The decision was made quickly and the contractor worked diligently to correct the error as quickly as possible.
Thank you again for all your patience and understanding during this unfortunate circumstance. Please understand, the Village is doing everything possible to get the errors corrected as quickly as possible.