· Replaced sanitary sewer mainline pipes and manholes from Grove Street to Maclean Court
· Replaced sanitary sewer services to individual homes
· Made final water main connection at Hutchings and Grove
· Completed storm sewer installation
· Abandoned old water valves and fire hydrants.
Work Anticipated to be completed Next week, May 16th to May 20th
· Begin roadway excavation and installation of aggregate base course
· Concrete curb & gutter installation
By the end of the week, the majority of the underground utility improvements should be completed with only a few minor items remaining. The project will be moving into the roadway reconstruction phase next week.
During the roadway reconstruction phase, the existing roadway will be excavated approximately 12-inches deep with new aggregate base course installed prior to installing new concrete curb & gutter and asphalt pavement. During this time, it will be increasingly more difficult to drive along the roadway during working hours because the entire roadway width will be excavated at the same time. Access will be granted to driveways each evening. We are requesting you do not park along the Hutchings Avenue during working hours and move vehicles to side streets if they are needed during the day.
Once the roadway is excavated and new aggregate base course is installed, new concrete curb & gutter will be installed. Additional details will be provided regarding the schedule of this work, allowable parking, and restrictions to driveway access. Access to driveways will be restricted for approximately 1 week during the concrete curb & gutter pouring and curing process.
Thank you again for all your patience and understanding as the project moves into the roadway reconstruction phase which presents new inconveniences as the process continues.