· Connected to existing water main at Maclean Court and Hutchings Avenue
· Installation of valves and hydrants
· Storm sewer repairs
· Storm sewer service replacement
· Storm sewer replacement across Grove Street
· Began performing required testing prior to placing water main into service.
Work Anticipated to be completed Next week, April 25th April 29th
· Receive required approvals to place new water main into service.
· Continue with storm sewer repairs and replacements
· Continue with storm sewer service replacements
· Begin water service replacements.
Water service replacements will begin next week on Wednesday. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for 1 to 2 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water. Thank you in advance for the inconvenience of these short-term water service disruptions.
Thank you to all the residents living within the construction zone. We understand the inconveniences you are experiencing traveling to and from your homes along the street and will do everything possible to make those delays as minimum as possible. As water service replacements begin and storm sewer service replacements continue, the contractor will be excavating across the street, which will make traveling along the roadway increasingly more difficult. Residents may be asked to move their vehicles to side streets during this process. Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for using alternate routes on Friday as a new storm sewer pipe was installed across Grove Street.
Thank you also to the residents and businesses that were affected by the water main shut-down last Monday while the connection between the new and old water main at Maclean Court was made.