· Resident Preconstruction Meeting held on Wednesday, April 6th
· Pot-holing existing utilities in preparation for directional drilling of water main
· Saw-Cutting existing pavement.
· Mobilization of equipment
· Product deliveries
· Stake-Out of work to be performed
· Internal televising of existing sewers along project site
Work Anticipated to be complete Next week, April 11th to 15th:
· Excavation of boring pits needed for directional drilling of water main
· Installation of water main via directional drilling
· Open cut installation of new fire hydrants along the site.
Next week will be the start of heavy construction. There will be two methods utilized to install the water main. The first is via directional drilling. In this method, a steel rod and cutter is drilled under the existing pavement and ground. Once a hole large enough for the new water main is created, the new water main pipe is pulled through the hole. This method does not require the contractor to excavate a trench along the entire roadway to install the new water main pipe. This method will be used to install the long sections of pipe.
The second method is Open Cut. As the name suggests, a hole or trench is excavated within the existing ground. The new water main piping is then installed within the trench and backfilled. This method will be used to make connections to the existing water main, install fire hydrants, install and connect water services, and other instances as needed.
As construction starts, we will do everything possible to minimize the inconvenience to your daily lives; however, we understand construction is disruptive so we appreciate your patience and understanding throughout the construction process. We will do our best to provide as much information as possible and provide advance notice for any inconveniences that you will be caused.